Wednesday, March 15, 2017

6 Areas of Stewardship

1) THE LOVE OF GOD - Love is not an option in the life of the Believer. John 13:34-35 says, "A new commandment I give unto you, that you love one another as I have loved you. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another." People are to identify us as Christians and not by our a) Christian bumper stickers b) fish logo c) WWJD jewelry or d) t-shirt. They should identify us because we are demonstrating LOVE. While searching for the truth, Ghandi, went to a Christian mission in India where they perceived him as just another beggar and thus sent him away. He left wounded and confused and ultimately developed his own religion. What a difference LOVE would have made in his situation.

2) A STEWARD OF THE POTENTIAL INSIDE OF YOU - Failing to be what God had intended for you to be. Can you imagine instead of hearing "Well done good and faithful servant," you would hear "You were only half done" or "you could have done so much more."

3) STEWARDS OF OUR BODIES - 1 Corinthians 6:19 says, "Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought with a price. Therefore, honor God with your bodies." Yogi Berra once said "if I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of my body!" Many people live their lives in such a way that they force themselves into a health crisis. You cannot continue to pray "Lord heal my body and make me feel better" when you continue to live unhealthy.

4) STEWARDSHIP OF OUR TIME - Why is it that time and time management are such important issues? Well, I believe it's because of two reasons: #1 is - Time is more valuable than money. You can always get more money but once time is gone, it's gone. And #2 is - The main reason more people aren't involved in church, serving God and doing ministry is because they say, "I don't have time".

5) OUR ATTITUDES - The Bible says to "Count it all joy." My question is "Do you count it all joy?" Murmuring and complaining are still a sin. Do you suffer gloriously or do you suffer grotesquely?

6) STEWARDSHIP OF SOULS - Luke 14:23 says, "Then the master told his servant to go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full."

There are 5 gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and YOU!

"TAKING JESUS TO OTHERS" isn't just a slogan, it's the heart of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment